Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

descriptionRobert Oppenheimer regrets making atomic bomb EmptyRobert Oppenheimer regrets making atomic bomb

more_horiz
Robert Oppenheimer was a briliant scientist, spoke 8 different languages, was a poet, a chemisist but he created a nuclear weapon that allowed victory over Japan and Germany. He regreted making a bomb deeply and in an interview with him, he quoted indian veda "I have become death, the destroyer of worlds".
Here is the video about him:

@Eleven What do you think of it?

descriptionRobert Oppenheimer regrets making atomic bomb EmptyRe: Robert Oppenheimer regrets making atomic bomb

more_horiz
A bit advanced for me. Trying to take in as much as I can.

descriptionRobert Oppenheimer regrets making atomic bomb EmptyRe: Robert Oppenheimer regrets making atomic bomb

more_horiz
Eleven wrote:

It is interesting how briliant minds contribute to destruction.

more_horiz
Academic wrote:
Eleven wrote:

For every new discovery there seems to always be the person who wants to blow stuff up.

I’ve said things in the past that people (conspiracy theorists) have taken and ran with. I feel guilty about that.

more_horiz
Eleven wrote:
Academic wrote:
Eleven wrote:

For every new discovery there seems to always be the person who wants to blow stuff up.

I’ve said things in the past that people (conspiracy theorists) have taken and ran with. I feel guilty about that.

Actually, the atomic bomb had to be made because they feared Germans will make it first and end the war. So it was like a race. bb2_2310

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply